Coalbed Methane (CBM) ranks as one of the world’s largest sources of natural gas. While CBM has the potential to be a highly valuable asset in many locations throughout the world, currently only Australia, China, and the United States are conducting significant and focused exploitation of these resources. Efficiently developing these resources requires the expertise to make accurate assessments of each property. The Netherland Sewell CBM team has that expertise. We have worked with most of the top CBM operators in almost every major producing CBM basin in the world.
To talk to one of our Coalbed Methane experts please call either Dan Paul Smith in our Dallas office at 214-969-5401 or Danny Simmons in our Houston office at 713-654-4950, or click here for an on-line option.
We understand that it is imperative to honor all of the CBM project data, and to understand the relationship between the properties of the coal and the development strategy. Choosing a consultant with this understanding can prevent unforeseen problems. Each year, NSAI personnel work thousands of man-hours evaluating CBM properties worldwide.
Our scope of work generally includes:
- Geologic assessment of the coal seams’ structure, thickness, and quality
- Geologic model construction
- Performance assessments of historical production
- Reservoir simulation
- Interpretation of Langmuir isotherm test
- Comparison of performance to volumetric analysis
- Independent reserves and resources assessments, including economics
- Planning, design, implementation, and appraisal of development programs
- CBM training classes and seminars